The Business7 group (B7) is the G7 platform for dialogue with the international business community. By developing concrete recommendations for action, the B7 supports the G7 in addressing global economic challenges.
Task of the Business7
The B7 represents the interests of the G7 business community and feeds its positions into the political process. The B7 members meet once a year with the respective G7 Presidency at the B7 summit to hand over their recommendations.
Members of the Business7
The members of the B7 are the leading business and industry associations of the G7 countries:
- Federation of German Industries (BDI), Germany
- BusinessEurope, European Union
- Canadian Chamber of Commerce (CCC), Canada
- Confederation of British Industry (CBI), UK
- General Confederation of Italian Industry (Confindustria), Italy
- Japan Business Federation (Keidanren), Japan
- Movement of the Enterprises of France (MEDEF), France
- US Chamber of Commerce (USCC), USA
In 2022, the chair of the B7 is held by the Federation of German Industries. In close consultation with the Confederation of German Employers’ Associations and the Association of German Chambers of Industry and Commerce, it coordinates the B7 dialogue process on behalf of the Federal Government.
The priorities of the B7 chair this year are: climate policy, trade and investment policy, digitalisation, employment and global infrastructure initiatives – in addition to pandemic response measures. The B7 summit will take place on 19-20 June in the run-up to the G7 Summit.